Thursday, August 2, 2012

A DIY Dandelion Table Decoration


 DIY DANDELION TABLE DECORATION 

As far as good styling goes, I do not think you can fail when you simply follow nature at its loveliest; I am quite partial to natural themes and tones and believe that nature is definitely one of the best interior styling guides available. Do you have any favourite styling tricks up your sleeve that you like to follow? Or do you prefer to just wing it and play around with mixing and matching your ideas? I am quite the fan of that too!

 

Requirements:

Find an interesting shaped branch that will balance on a table
1 x ball of wool in your chosen shade 
1 x Twine ball in natural light shade
I chose to use natural coloured tones such as white or snow

Method: 

Make Pom poms using both wool and twine, roughly about 4cm in diameter. A simple pom pom direction guide can be found here. They do not necessarily need to be massive pom poms, as you can see mine vary in size and more specifically in thickness. I chose to mix wool and twine for a more imperfect and highly textured look.
Using your twine, attach your pom poms to branches
You can also trim any branches/ twigs from your decoration that are not needed.

Time Required:

Allow 2hrs to complete this project however the time required may vary depending on your chosen pom pom size.

Dandelion/ Pom pom making
This has to be my favorite part to making a pom pom. I love the round beautiful shape the layers of wool make and how super spongy and textured it is.
Snipping the Pom pom



Attach Dandelions/ Pom Poms to your branch with twine
Nature Inspired themes are great

I think I like this Dandelion decoration best in our office space...a lil outdoorsy inspiration for me to enjoy

5 comments:

Sherry said...

Luv the look, very creative!

Bonnie said...

Aw, this is so beautiful! It seems really easy to create, too.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Hip Brown said...

Hi lovely ladies, yes so easy to do... you just need to find a lil time. One of the best parts was the bush walk before hand hence where I found the inspiration... nature is so lovely like that.

Unknown said...

Love these dandelions, what a great idea, I am your newest follower....
Great Blog by the way.

Gemma @ My Big Nutshell said...

what a great idea. So easily adaptable too. I'm thinking christmas and easter too.