Wednesday, March 6, 2013

My Ceramic Jug Weakness


 Lately, I have had quite a consuming case of jug envy and I had been wanting one of these style jugs since forever. Do you have a thing for jugs too?? They are seriously my new weakness!!! I love how elegantly beautiful they are in shape and style.

This jug is a treasure from one of my latest thrifting adventures. I do love reusing old things especially when you get to make them somehow fabulous and all new again. I totally believe a great home is not about owning expensive things but more so about the love and energy you put into it.


It was originally quite a revolting shade of terracotta when I found it. Who would have thought! I painted the outside white and used a clear gloss spray to seal it. I love how it turned out, it has the most divine shape! It totally makes my heart sing every time I look at it. Have you any thrifty finds this week?
Rach xx








5 comments:

Scandi Coast Home said...

it looks beautiful now......
T xx

Life Love and Hiccups said...

Oh I LOVE this. But I am kicking myself as I threw out an old terracotta coloured jug - I didnt even think of painting it. *Head smack* xx

Hip Brown said...

Thanks Tania. Tis a lovely one xx

Hip Brown said...

I love it too Sonia. So glad you like it too lovely one. xx

Desire Empire said...

I love jugs as vases and think I have the French to thank as that. Yours is pretty.
Carolyn